Wednesday, May 29, 2013

On Creativity Or Why Cable Saps Me Of It

Have you seen TLC lately? I have. I have a sick fascination with what I lovingly call, "The Freakshow Channel". Let's talk about my favorites. Before (and after) I got married, I watched HOURS of Say Yes To the Dress including the Big Bliss spin off. I briefly flirted with Cake Boss, and Honey Boo Boo and The Little Couple

Lately, my favorites have been America's Worst Tattoos, Hoarders and My Crazy Obsession.

This is what the inside of my brain looks like:


worst-tattoos-300x235.jpg (300×235)hoarding-before-ep-1-284x212.jpg (284×212)040313_mermaidguyobsessionvidfeat-600x450.jpg (600×450)

Needless to say, I probably need to get a new hobby.

Recently I've decided to cut down on my flagrant misuse of my brain and eyeballs, and have decided to take my creativity back into my own hands. You see, when you are focused on a young man who REALLY wishes he were a mermaid, there is little time for other pastimes.

"What happened to your creativity?" I asked myself, tearing my bloodshot eyes away from Honey Boo Boo's Mom's Face,

Honey-Boo-Boos-mother-June-Shannon-showing-off-her-Bingo-face.jpg (306×423)


"Why aren't you writing a book, or building a house, or making a food, or TALKING TO SOMEONE? That's right, Honey Boo Boo's Mom, this IS killing my brain cells!"

I'm turning over a new leaf, which, I am afraid, will mean less rest and more work. Tonight, for instance, I went to boxing class, made a coffee cake, and did the dishes and wrote a post (my first). Which is MUCH more than I would usually get done after a boxing class. I mean, my arms were so tired that my thumbs were too shaky to text, and I STILL got stuff done.

This is what I'm leaving behind.


So wish me luck on my journey! I am on the verge of, if not greatness, more betterness. As they say, more butter, more better.

2 comments:

  1. Gag. That is the worst thing I've ever seen. SUUUGAR BEAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. This is amazing. Must. Write. More. :)

    ReplyDelete